Saturday, October 02, 2021

Book XIII

1.  I Dream

I Dream

I dream...

Of a day that needs no plan for war.

Of a place that needs no maintenance.

Of a life that cannot fail and success is forever pure.

Of a community where strife is unthinkable
    and never entertained.


Of being completely and unendingly safe.

Of being whole and unbreakable

Of no more problems, questions, frustrations,
     falsehoods, failures or disappointments.  

Of God's grace uninterrupted.
    Of His will without opposition.
        Of His purpose accomplished. 

Of God's unending intimate presence. 

Of love.



Thomas asked him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going,
so how can we know the way?”
Jesus told him,

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father
except through me.If you have known me, you will also know my Father.
From now on you know him and have seen him.”
 - John 14:5-7

Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your
petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests,
with thanksgiving.Then God’s peace, which goes far beyond anything
we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in union with
the Messiah Jesus.
 - Philippians 4:6-7

Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly
more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest
prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work
within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus
throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen.
 
- Ephesians 3:20-21

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…
****************************************************

2. I'm NOT


I'm NOT...

I’m not a better person than you because:
I’m a different race than you.
I’m a different sex than you.
I’m prettier or handsomer than you.
I’m richer than you.
I'm poorer than you.
I'm smarter than you.
I’m older or younger than you.
I’m a different religion than you.
I sin less than you, if I do.


I’m just not a better person than anyone. But I’m not much different than you. I want to be a better person. Not better than you, I want to be a better person than me, than the person I am and have been. The struggle I have is that: to be a better person than I am now. I will have to change, and that means some things must go, and other things will come. Some things must STOP and new things must start. Bad things must end and good things must begin. Who will help me to be a new and good person, a person better than the one I have been? Jesus is better than us all. Jesus is better than the best of us. And Jesus can make me a better person, not better than you, but better than I am now.







No comments: