Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lamb's poet home for givers








I step down
from the throne my heart has claimed,
I smash down the idols I have raised,
I declare Your death, I immerse my soul
In all Your faith and the promise of Your Resurrection, Your Glory and Your Life.
You are meek and lowly in heart, I put You on,
O clothe me, Your servant, in Your righteousness,
Teach me Your Way, let me ever live for You.
Amen.















The Lamb's Poet

Click each book for contents, and poems following, in that book: Other People's (very good) Poems
Book I
Book II
Book III
Book IV
Book V
Book VI
Book VII
Book VIII
Book IX
Book X
Book XI
Book XII

Attention! Announcing! :: Book XII : <---<<< : Latest Poems now compliled!

CLICK: Book XII
Here is the index of Book XII ::

Index

1. A New Song
2. Humility
3. What if…
4. who...?
5. Even so...
6. Traveler
7. Yah
8. Your Presence (is enough)
9. Every Day Horror
10. He’s Still There
11. Needy One



Peek-a-boo by Gerry Sutter

Peek-a-boo, peek-a-boo, diddily do –
Where’s the mud, its stain so true?
I ambled down the water way,
Swollen by the spring melee,
Nearly was I washed on through.

Peek-a-boo, peek-a-boo, telling you –
I thought I had it working too:
Early to bed and early to rise,
Put in steps to glamorize,
Followed up, I knew.

Peek-a-boo, peek-a-boo, seeing it through,
‘Til the Lord pointed out the fool.
Pestering proud of my jury rig,
Outside the box, I danced my jig,
Swept off my feet on through.

Peek-a-boo, peek-a-boo, whaddaya do?
Sweeping laurel flower’s dew.
I thought I was in charge of life –
Laid low like grass before the scythe,
Then I saw, it’s you.

Friday, November 06, 2009


































































No comments: