Monday, July 11, 2016

Mercy and Justice


Mercy and Justice


 

Matthew 5:7 CJB  How blessed are those who show mercy! for they will be shown mercy.”

 

James 2:13 CJB  For judgment will be without mercy toward one who doesn't show mercy; but mercy wins out over judgment.

 

Micah 6:8 AMP  He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? [Deut. 10:12, 13.]

 

Matthew 9:13 AMP  Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy [that is, readiness to help those in trouble] and not sacrifice and sacrificial victims. For I came not to call and invite [to repentance] the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), but sinners (the erring ones and all those not free from sin). [Hos. 6:6.]

 

Hosea 6:4-6 CJB  " Ephraim, what should I do to you? Judah, what should I do to you? For your 'faithful love' is like a morning cloud, like dew that disappears quickly.  (5)  This is why I have cut them to pieces by the prophets, slaughtered them with the words from my mouth — the judgment on you shines out like light.  (6)  For what I desire is mercy, not sacrifices, knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

 

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 AMP  And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you but [reverently] to fear the Lord your God, [that is] to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being,  (13)  To keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?

 

Micah 6:8 CJB  Human being, you have already been told what is good, what Adonai demands of you — no more than to act justly, love grace and walk in purity with your God.

 

Matthew 9:9-13 CEV  As Jesus was leaving, he saw a tax collector named Matthew sitting at the place for paying taxes. Jesus said to him, "Come with me." Matthew got up and went with him.  (10)  Later, Jesus and his disciples were having dinner at Matthew's house. Many tax collectors and other sinners were also there.  (11)  Some Pharisees asked Jesus' disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and other sinners?"  (12)  Jesus heard them and answered, "Healthy people don't need a doctor, but sick people do.  (13)  Go and learn what the Scriptures mean when they say, 'Instead of offering sacrifices to me, I want you to be merciful to others.' I didn't come to invite good people to be my followers. I came to invite sinners.

No comments: