Friday, July 15, 2016

Baruch Ha Shem(s)

Genesis 32:29-30

(AMP)  Then Jacob asked Him, Tell me, I pray You, what [in contrast] is Your name? But He said, Why is it that you ask My name? And [the Angel of God declared] a blessing on [Jacob] there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel [the face of God], saying, For I have seen God face to face, and my life is spared and not snatched away.

(CEV)  Jacob said, "Now tell me your name." "Don't you know who I am?" he asked. And he blessed Jacob. Jacob said, "I have seen God face to face, and I am still alive." So he named the place Peniel.

(CJB)  (32:30-31) Ya`akov asked him, "Please tell me your name." But he answered, "Why are you asking about my name?" and blessed him there. Ya`akov called the place P'ni-El [face of God], "Because I have seen God face to face, yet my life is spared."

(KJVR)  And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

(YLT)  And Jacob asketh, and saith, `Declare, I pray thee, thy name;' and he saith, `Why is this, thou askest for My name?' and He blesseth him there. And Jacob calleth the name of the place Peniel: for `I have seen God face unto face, and my life is delivered;'


Exodus 3:13-15 KJVR  And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?  (14)  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.  (15)  And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.


Exodus 6:2-3 KJVR  And God spoke unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD(3)  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus 6:2-3 CJB  God spoke to Moshe; he said to him, "I am Adonai.  (3)  I appeared to Avraham, Yitz'chak and Ya`akov as El Shaddai, although I did not make myself known to them by my name, Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh ( י ה ו ה ) [Adonai].

Exodus 6:2-3 KJV+  And GodH430 spokeH1696 untoH413 Moses,H4872 and saidH559 untoH413 him, IH589 am the LORD:H3068  (3)  And I appearedH7200 untoH413 Abraham,H85 untoH413 Isaac,H3327 and untoH413 Jacob,H3290 by the name of GodH410 Almighty,H7706 but by my nameH8034 JEHOVAHH3068 was I notH3808 knownH3045 to them.

Hebrews 1:1-4 CJB  In days gone by, God spoke in many and varied ways to the Fathers through the prophets.  (2)  But now, in the acharit-hayamim, he has spoken to us through his Son, to whom he has given ownership of everything and through whom he created the universe.  (3)  This Son is the radiance of the Sh'khinah, the very expression of God's essence, upholding all that exists by his powerful word; and after he had, through himself, made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of HaG'dulah BaM'romim.  (4)  So he has become much better than angels, and the name God has given him is superior to theirs.

Hebrews 12:1-15 CJB  So then, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us, too, put aside every impediment — that is, the sin which easily hampers our forward movement — and keep running with endurance in the contest set before us,  (2)  looking away to the Initiator and Completer of that trusting, Yeshua — who, in exchange for obtaining the joy set before him, endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  (3)  Yes, think about him who endured such hostility against himself from sinners, so that you won't grow tired or become despondent.  (4)  You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in the contest against sin.  (5)  Also you have forgotten the counsel which speaks with you as sons: "My son, don't despise the discipline of Adonai or become despondent when he corrects you.  (6)  For Adonai disciplines those he loves and whips everyone he accepts as a son."  (7)  Regard your endurance as discipline; God is dealing with you as sons. For what son goes undisciplined by his father?  (8)  All legitimate sons undergo discipline; so if you don't, you're a mamzer and not a son!  (9)  Furthermore, we had physical fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them; how much more should we submit to our spiritual Father and live!  (10)  For they disciplined us only for a short time and only as best they could; but he disciplines us in a way that provides genuine benefit to us and enables us to share in his holiness.  (11)  Now, all discipline, while it is happening, does indeed seem painful, not enjoyable; but for those who have been trained by it, it later produces its peaceful fruit, which is righteousness.  (12)  So, strengthen your drooping arms, and steady your tottering knees;  (13)  and make a level path for your feet; so that what has been injured will not get wrenched out of joint but rather will be healed.  (14)  Keep pursuing shalom with everyone and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.  (15)  See to it that no one misses out on God's grace...




No comments: